Thursday, June 2, 2011

You’re a Waldorf salad!*

I love a good, hearty salad, especially as it heats up outside.  The problem is all the time it takes to prepare the fixins and all the space it takes to store the inevitable unused portions.  So it is a treat to go out to a good salad bar, where I can mix and match to my heart’s content.  Right now, my favorite place for doing this is Ruby Tuesday’s.  There’s nothing like a spinach, egg, tomato, chickpea, black olive, sun-dried tomato, crumbled feta, and dried cranberry salad with a balsamic vinaigrette or blue cheese dressing.  What's your favorite salad combination, and where’s you’re favorite place to get it?


Speaking of delicious fixins, I am more than ready for fresh garden tomatoes!  We have seven plants this year, all with little yellow flowers, so I am hopeful to get a good turn out this year.
*Do you recognize this line?  It’s from You’re the Top, by Cole Porter, from Anything Goes (here's a fun explanation of some of the references in the song).  I heard it on the way to the restaurant, and I ended up having some Waldorf Salad during dinner.  How appropriate!

No comments:

Post a Comment